If you are just starting out and you don't know where exactly to start then you are at the right place. Here are the first steps to take.
1. Get those coupons!!! Clip from newspapers, print from online, and ask neighbors, family, etc. for all the coupons you can get. The more coupons= the more savings. It's that simple.
2. Always shop on a sale. If you use a coupon on a sale you can save BIG money.
3. Stockpile! If you have 10 coupons for cereal and a local grocery store has cereal on sale use all 10 coupons!
For example:
My local grocery store had their Kelloggs Cereal on sale for $1.98. I had 10 coupons for $1.00 off a box of Kelloggs Cereal. That made each box I bought only $.98!!! That's over 50% I saved. Now I don't have to worry about cereal for a while.
Why stockpile???
It's simple... you don't know when something is going to go on sale again so when it does and if it's a really good deal AND you have coupons for it get as much as you can with your coupons.
Stockpile items can include toothbrushes, shampoo, toothpaste, cereal, canned goods etc. Almost anything that isn't perishable you can stock up on.
I never saw a point in using coupons. Why save a coupon for $.30- $1.00, it's not worth my time. But then I kept seeing all these posts and shows about people saving all kinds of money on their groceries and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did! last week I spent about $100 on my groceries and saved about $125. That's OVER 50% savings!!! And it's all on things I need which is toilet paper, juice, cereal, meats etc. If I can save that much on my bill so can you!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment